Our Rhino Rep

sent this to individual by mistake, instead of the list

---- Begin included message ----

> 	Now.. the comment that M'Lord Gryffri states is also one which I have
>  heard.  Often.  Whether it be his own opinion or not is irrelevant;
>  there is indeed a perception, at least in these lands where I now
>  reside, that Atlantians hit harder and take harder than any other
>  Kingdom in the Knowne worlde.  This perception is oftimes regarded as
>  being both unchivarous and "rhinolike."  When I have identified myself
>  as recently of Atlantia, or describe the origin of my blue squire's
>  belt, many have been the looks of disdain and comments heard that were
>  similar to those related.

A couple of years ago I was in Cincinnati (Barony of the Fenix) on business,
right before Pennsic. Having loaded my car for the War before going on the
trip, I had armor and toys with me. I found and attended their Thursday
evening fight practice. I had a good time, made several new acquaintances, and
got in a good workout. As I was getting out of armor, I got into a chat with a
knight, Sir William. We'd fought a couple of bouts, and both had fun. Now,
mind, we're talking old-creaky-and-rusty squire versus knight, here. On
finding out that I was Atlantian, Sir William THANKED me for not hammering the
Barony's fighters. Go figure.

Erich
---- End included message ----