Acknowledgement (long winded? Maybe.)

Poster: RavnScribe@aol.com

<<
Poster: blackbow@mindspring.com

[I, too, would like to know who in Charlotte only "invites" fighters that
he/she knows he/she can beat, and "runs over" (did you mean that literally?)
fighters at a demo because he/she wants to win so badly.  AFAIK there are
only two people in Charlotte that have had anything official to do with
demos, and I'm one of them, and His Grace Logan is the other.  So you're
slamming one of us without knowing what you're talking about.  For that
matter, other than Festival in the Park, there haven't been ANY fighting
demos in Charlotte for quite awhile unless His Grace has been sneaking
around behind my back doing demos.]>>

Hmm....How does one respond to this?  I'm not really trying to slam anyone
here. I just said 'you know who you are'. And I *do* know what I'm talking
about. I was there when it happened. Now, I hadn't mentioned anyone directly
BECAUSE I *wasn't* necessarily trying to single anyone out. Do you understand
about family? And then you have friends who are CLOSER than family. When one
gets unnecessarily roughed up (a certain amount of roughness is expected, yes,
but this person did something TOTALLY uncalled for), it is VERY hard to just
sit here and say nothing about it.  :)  It hasn't been recent, if that's what
you're wondering. So why am I bringing this up? I guess I didn't do a very
good job of tying it into the former discussion (About how hard one should hit
when fighting). My point was this:

There is a certain amount of....force...(for lack of a better word) one uses
when fighting. The idea of calling heavy fighters "Rhinos" though, is because
they often remind me of them. Unthinking animals using MORE force than is
perhaps necessary, just to prove a point. All brawn no brains, to use a
cliché. I'm not saying *all* fighters are like this. Just some of them.

In the interest of peace, I'm dropping the (public part) of the discussion
here. Anyone wants to discuss it further, please EMail me. :)

RavnScribe (That's all the name you'll get for now till my SCA one is
approved)