From: phillip jones <jonesj@InfoAve.Net>
To: merry rose <atlantia@atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: RE: Acknowledgement
Date: Tue, Feb 9, 1999, 9:12 AM

I fight for a variety of reasons. I fight to stave off old age.  I  fight to test and celebrate my own health and recovery from injury. I fight for a sense of camaraderie. I also fight because I truly enjoy the competition. I've had the fortune to train with Logan, and disagree strongly with your characterization of him.

When I step out onto the field with Logan to train, there is a clear demarcation. He teaches, I learn. When I step onto the field with him in a tourney things change drastically: I challenge him. I would be livid and furious were I to discover that he had gone easy on me in a tournament for any reason. It is, in my mind, an honor that he goes after me hard. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Phillip Jones