Re: Happy99.exe

Poster: "Bruce C. Miller" <bmiller@mnsinc.com>

Angela K. Pincha wrote:

> Poster: "Angela K. Pincha" <angela@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com>
>
> DO NOT OPEN the file Happy99.exe!!!!
>
> It will take over your computer and rearrange your drives.
> Lucent has had a warning out on this for weeks as it has driven
> our System Administration team nuts to fix the problems it has
> caused!!!!

NOW you tell me.  Actually, I opened it about five minutes ago.  I saw
the nice fireworks display.  I closed it.  I deleted it.  I read your
message.  I checked my drives; they're fine (as of now).  I emptied the
"Recycle Bin."  I checked my drives; they're still fine.  I guess if you
don't here from me for a while, the "virus" attacks after I shut down.
But, as of this moment, everything seems as disorganized as it usually
is with no sign of any further disaster.

Yours,

Arbogast of Diedenhofen