Re: DON'T Open Happy99

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 barclayp@LEE.ARMY.MIL wrote:

> Greetings to all from Master Terafan:
>
> 	The file sent to the Merry Rose by Franklin Ward contains a virus.
>
> The virus is a worm type virus.   Here is some info from Network
> Associates...

This one, for a change, is not a hoax.  A woman in my office has gotten it
also, and we got it cleaned off her machine before she was able to send it
out anywhere.  McAfee has support for it now, also.  Anyone using
Windows-based email clients that gets this file only needs to delete the
email message (Macs & Unix folks are safe, of course).  It can't hurt your
machine unless you run the program.

Istvan Dragosani
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
It is necessary for the welfare of society that genius should be privileged
to utter sedition, to blaspheme, to outrage good taste, to corrupt the
youthful mind, and generally to scandalize one's uncles.
		-- George Bernard Shaw