Re: Aluminum Gauntlets (was Re: Spears)

Poster: Neil Brady <teufel@pop.erols.com>

>My thanks for your help, and suggestions.
>I am planning on fighting polearm and greatsword after I authorize in
>spear, and I was wondering whether it was advisable to wear Aluminum
>gauntlets when fighting these other styles...
>
>With thanks,
>-Neamhain
>(Nah-vin) mka Gin "djinn" Driscoll
>
>Barony o'Stierbach, A&S officer of the Proto-Canton of *mumbles-murf*,
>(Fredericksburg, Va)

	I have fought with aluminum gauntlets (both greatsword, polearm and spear)
for more than 4 years now, and can say that they will be sufficiently
protective.  _IF_ the gauntlets are made correctly.  If the gauntlets
articulate properly, don't gap, and tranfer impact force properly, you will
be very happy with them.
	One caveat: aluminum gauntlets won't last as long as steel gauntlets, the
T4 (street sign) aluminum gauntlets that I've used for more than 4 years
now are in decline, and probably won't last more than another couple of
years.  T6 aluminum would last longer.  But steel could last 15 years or
more of hard use.

		Frederich Von Teufel