Sheep Raids XI

Poster: geneviamoas@juno.com

Oyez ! Oyez ! The Shire of Seareach is again preparing for Sheep Raids
and
invites one and all to come and join with us in this lively public Demo /
Event.  This year the date for Sheep Raids is April 23-25, 1999.  It will
again be at Poplar Grove Plantation, just north of Wilmington, NC on Hwy
17.
The site will open at 5pm on Friday the 23rd and will close Sunday the
25th
at noon.  The site will be open to the public from 9am to 5pm Saturday.
Please
note, As usual, the site is discretely wet while the public is present.

Site fee is $3, Feast is $5. Total cost $8 on-board, on-site. (The same
as
last year)

Merchants are welcome and need to bring everything necessary for your
setup.

Feast will be a Tavern style seating for 175, allowing people to eat from

4pm to 9pm at their leisure. Serving Wenches will be accepting tokens of
your esteem.

We will also be having, of course, SHEEP RAIDS, A Heavy Weapons Melee
with
teams displaying their best Sheep Raiding Tactics.
Rapier Fighters will also be displaying their finess and flair for the
fine
art of Sheep Shifting throughout the day.

Hounds- There will be a running of the hounds Saturday afternoon
coordinated by our Huntsman, Lady Reina. If you wish to bring dogs or
other
animals with you please contact Lady Reina first.  All pets brought on
site must be checked in at Troll PRIOR to unloading (leave them in the
car until you check them in).  At Troll you must have your pets proof of
current Rabies Vaccination and other shots and sign a waiver of
Liability. Pet Owners are responsible for cleaning up after your your pet
and properly disposing of waste.
Horses- There will be horses on site in all their finery. If you wish to
ride please contact Lady Reina PRIOR to coming.

Master Efenwealt Wystle has promised to assist those interested in the
Bardic
arts by offering a class on Bardic Stuff, Details to be decided, If you
have
specific questions or areas you wish him to discuss please direct your
questions
either to Master Efenwealt or Lady Genevia (I will forward them to him).
The Story Teller Dervila ni Leanon has also agreed to teach a class on
storytelling!

Artisans, Crafters, Performers of all kind, come and demonstrate
your skills for the public and ourselves. Those that have a specific need

for space or other necessities please contact Lady Genevia- Deputy
Autocrat.

DIRECTIONS: From the North follow Hyw.17 South. Poplar Grove Plantation
is
on the left 4.2 miles from the Hwy 210 connection at Hampstead. Watch for
the signs.

>From the West: If you come in I-40 follow the signs for Hwy 17 North.
Or if you come in 74-76 (across the Cape Fear River Bridge) again follow
the signs for 17N through town. As you progress North on 17, Poplar Grove

will be on your right, approximately 8 miles North of Wilmington. Signs
will be posted.

>From the South: Continue North on Hwy 17 (also called Market Street)
through
town and on up to Poplar Grove Plantation, on your right approximately 8
miles North of Wilmington.

For further details watch the Merry Rose or contact the person in charge
of that aspect of the event or simply contact me, Lady Geva de Lile -
known as Genevia, Deputy Event Steward as listed below.

Event Steward: Lady Patricia Matthis (Pam Starnes)-(910) 675-9950.
E-mail:
             ladypatricia@juno.com
Deputy Event Steward: Lady Genevia (Ginger Liles)-(910) 799-1941, 627
Decatur Dr.,
             Wilmington, NC 28403-2722. E-mail: geneviaMoAS@juno.com
Feast Steward: Lady Kaille the Crone (Sue Lisak)
Marshal In Charge: Lord Seamus Connachtach (Lathan Barnett) - (910)
793-4802.  4491 Gordon                         	Rd., Wilmington,
NC 28405.
Huntsman: Lady Reina (Wendy Cooler)- (910) 283-1050, 348 Dan Hales Dr.,
             Atkinson, NC 28421. E-mail: Reinegrey@aol.com
Childrens Steward: Lady Tessa de Aubrey (Meredith Adams)- (910) 392-7797,
             122 Balsam Dr., Wilmington, NC 28409.
E-Mail:tinytess@juno.com
Reservation Steward: Lady Caroline (Denise Jones)- (910) 392-7346,
             106 Pt. Reyes Dr., Wilmington, NC 28412.
             E-mail: jonescd@uncwil.edu