Re: Off Subject-The Taxman Cometh

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

> We also have no control over the laws, which are made by
> legislature, not agency policy, that require you to pay taxes.

<soapbox>
In my opinion, and possibly in many others' here, it *IS* the agency
policies, not the actual tax laws, that make the IRS so unpopular. Most of
the things the IRS does that raise ordinary folks' hackles are things
caused by "administrative law" -- i.e. the policies of the IRS. Congress
aids and abets the problem by allowing IRS policies to have the force of
law, but that is no justification for some of the abuses perpetrated under
the administrative law.

Mind you, as you (Thyri) are not an IRS auditor, this does not apply to
you -- my above remarks are strictly limited to the IRS and have no
bearing on any local, state, or other federal agency.
</soapbox>

Dave
(though Evan has similar problems with tax collectors in his period!
 The more things change....)