Re: Helping at events (was c

Poster: Ann & Les Shelton <sheltons@conterra.com>

Michael Surbrook wrote:

> This weekend I saw that there were too few people in the kitchen choping
> things up.  So, I went in and asked in they needed any help.  The end
> result/  I got a nice big sharp knife and was able to spend portions of
> the afternoon chopping away at vegetables.  I found it to be a fun time,
> since I was able to talk, socialize, snack (fresh veggies right there),
> examine some foods I had never seen before ("what's this?" "parsnip"
> "what's that?" 'daikon") and had a good time.  In short, I will have to
> help out in the kitchen again, I enjoyed myself! (Give me a knife and
> something to chop and I'm all set).
>
> Michael Limner, esq

As Michael evidently found out, IMHO the kitchen is often the most fun
place to be on site.  Lots of conversation and comraderie.  Because my
husband has much more skill in an SCA kitchen than I, I designate myself
as his head carrot chopper.  Last time, Mistress Judith let me graduate
to making the sauce for Savory Toasted Cheese (yummmm) and lemon
butter.  Who knows what is next? :-)  Kind of scary, huh?

Anne le Coeur