Re: Hello out there??

Poster: Denise McMahon <baroness@stierbach.org>

Michael Jeffrey Looney wrote:

> Poster: "Michael Jeffrey Looney" <barderic@mailcity.com>
>
> Question about Coranation:
> Where is the exact site in Richmond??

Mar 20th - Coronation of Stephan and Niobe
Barony of Caer Mear, Bon Air, VA

Their Highnesses, Stephan and Niobe, send warm greetings to the populace of
Atlantia and an
invitation to Their Coronation.

Site: The site will be St. Michael's Episcopal Church in Bon Air, VA. Site
will open at 10:00 a.m. and close
at 10:00 p.m. Coronation is scheduled to begin at noon.

The Tournaments: Following the Coronation ceremony the Tourneys will begin.
The Tournaments will
include a heavy list with the format to be decided by His Highness; a rapier
tournament to choose the
Queen's Champion; and a 75-yard Clout shoot for the archers. Her Highness will
attend all three
tourneys.

Arts & Sciences: There will be a scroll competition based on the Kingdom Award
scroll backlog (contact
the Kingdom Clerk of the Signet or the Status Scribe for backlog assignments),
and a Bardic competition
to create a rousing new Pennsic war song for Atlantia.

Children's Events: Children's events will be held throughout the day.

Their Hignesses desire to have entertainment for all gentles in the pavillions
around the tourney field. If
you desire to set up your pavillion "ringside" on the tourney field, you must
provide entertainment for
gentles who visit your pavillion. Examples of this are period games, riddle
toys, puzzles, knowledge
quests, etc. After their coronation, Stephan and Niobe will make a progress
around the field to enjoy the
entertainment. Questions can be directed to Master Terafan Greydragon,
barclayp@lee.army.mil or (804)
530-9000.

The Feast: Lord Robear de Bardoulf will prepare a delicious feast for all to
enjoy. Please contact him with
dietary concerns only at (804) 745-3778. There will be a limited number of
reservations available, so
reserve soon!

The Cost: The event cost will be $10.00 for On-Board and $4.00 for Off-Board.
Children 6-12 are half price
and all children under 5 are guests of the Barony.

Reservations: Please send all reservations to Mistress Thjora Arnkitelsdottir
(Kirsten Niemann) 2303
Arbor Dr., Richmond, VA 23222, (804) 321-8305 (NLT 10 pm). Reservations will
be accepted by mail only;
please include names of all for whom you are reserving. Limited crash space
will be available, please
contact Mistress Thjora for more information.

Hotels: Hotel information will be posted on the Merry Rose, or can be obtained
by contacting the
Autocrats.

Merchants: All are encouraged to attend and sell their wares. Plenty of space
is available, no fee will be
charged.

Autocrats: If you have any questions please contact the Autocrats: Lord Aradd
Ffestiniog (Rich Stryker),
(804) 739-6484, email: RJStryker@yahoo.com, or Lord Colin Gordon (Mike
Ruttle), (804) 739-4834, email:
Ruttle@home.com.

 Directions:

>From the North: Take I-95 South towards Richmond, VA. Exit at the I-64 West /
I-195 South interchange
- stay in the left lane and take I-195 South towards the Powhite Parkway. See below**

>From the East: Take I-64 West towards Richmond. Exit onto I-195 South and
follow towards the Powhite
Parkway. See below**

>From the West: Take I-64 East towards Richmond. Exit onto I-195 South and
follow towards the Powhite
Parkway. See below**

**From above: Cross the James River and pay the $.50 toll. Follow the Powhite
Parkway and exit at
Jahnke Road West. Take Jahnke Road to the first stoplight at Buford Road
(approx. 1-1.5 miles) and
make a right. Travel for approx. 3/4 mile then turn left onto Rockaway Road
(look for SCA signs.) The
church is on the right at the intersection of Rockaway, Quaker Lane and McRae Road.

>From the South: Take I-95 North towards Richmond, VA. Exit at Route 150
(Chippenham Parkway)
North. Exit at Jahnke Road West. Take Jahnke Road to the first stoplight at
Buford Road (approx. 1-1.5
miles) and make a right. Travel for approx. .75 miles then turn left onto