Clan Albanach

Poster: EoganOg@aol.com

Greetings and wel mot, evirchon!

This is an idea I have been floating around in my head for some time now, and
just brought it out to test the waters at this past University in my
"Developing Your Scottish Persona" group.  It seemed to be well recieved.  So
I thought I might spread my ideas to the list at large.
Following is the flyer I handed out in my class.  Please pass this along to
any you think may be interested and cross post to other lists where you think
it may be appropriate.  I hope to start small and grow from there.  So far
there appears to be a lot of interest.
-----------------
Clan Albanach

	Clan Albanach-Gaelic for "children of Scotland."  This proposed group would
be open to all Scottish personas in the SCA and those interested in the
history and culture of mainland Scotland and the Isles (including the
Shetlands) between the years of 503 and 1603 AD (from the arrival of the first
Gaelic settlers from Ireland to the coronation of King James VI of Scotland as
King James I of England).  The aims of this group would be the study and re-
creation of various aspects of Scottish life, both Gaelic and Lowland.
	As of this writing, Clan Albanach is still in the formative stages.  Once
enough interest is garnered, a newsletter will be published.  Clansmen and
women will be asked to contribute articles covering any aspect of Scottish
life or history within the period.  This newsletter will serve as a resource
for the Scottish persona in the SCA.  Possible topics could include Highland
dress, cooking, music, border culture, language, naming practices, military
history, textile arts, traditional song, the Celtic Church, Scottish royal
dynasties, dance, clan society, etc.
	Once we get going, future projects may include a web page, a Scottish themed
Clan encampment at Pennsic, or even hosting a Scottish themed event.  Right
now our immediate goals will be simply helping eachother better re-create
medieval Scotland.
	If you are interested in finding out more about Clan Albanach, receiving the
newsletter, or contributing articles for the first issue, please contact me at
the address below.

Aye,
Eogan Óg

SCA:
Tighearn Eoghan Óg Mac Labhrainn, CP, bard a Alba agus Atlantia
Mundane:
Matthew Allen Newsome, curator & historical consultant for			the Scottish
Tartans Museum, USA extension
12 Scottish Lane
Whittier NC  28789
EoganOg@aol.com
"A! Fredome is a noble thing!"-John Barbour in The Bruce, 1375.

NEW UPDATE!  There is also now a mailing list for those interested in Clan
Albanach and it's aims.  To subscribe, send a blank email to
albanach-subscribe@egroups.com
The list's web page where you can find more information is located at
http://www.egroups.com/list/albanach/

Soon I hope to have a web page up for Clan Albanach itself.

I hope to hear from many proud Scots out there and learn a lot from all of
you.
Alba Ga Bra!

Aye,
Eoghan Og Mac Labhrainn

Tighearn Eoghan Og Mac Labhrainn, CP
Sangster of Scotland and Atlantia
Chronicler of the Militant Society of Bards
<A HREF="http://www3.wcu.edu/~mn13189/sca.htm">
http://www3.wcu.edu/~mn13189/sca.htm</A>
Checky Or & Vert, two lions combattant, tails knowed, in base a
mouse couchant, all within an orle of roundels, Argent.