Re: Pelican Cloaks

Poster: Michael Houghton <herveus@Radix.Net>

Howdy!

Etain inquired:

> Greetings,
> I have a question-
> If a new Pelican cloak is made for each new Pelican, then all of them must
> have their own, right?
> So how come the only time I see people wearing them is the day they first get
> it? If new Pelicans keep getting made, I should see people in the cloaks all
> over the place...
> Thanks very much for your time.

Cloaks do not always get made for new Pelicans. It depends. Making a cloak
requires sufficient notice to the right people to allow one to be made in
time. Sometimes, the people in a position to make it happen don't think of
it, or don't feel that cloaks are appropriate, either by their own feelings
or what they percieve of the candidate. Sometimes, there just isn't time.

I don't know how many companions have their own cloak. I have one, and, now
that I have a clasp for it, I intend to wear it more often. However, it is
best suited for cooler weather (two layers of trigger and drags on the ground).

Another piece of regalia you might see is a cap of maintenance. Tres spiff
and period, too.

yours,
Herveus
--
Michael and MJ Houghton   | Herveus d'Ormonde and Megan O'Donnelly
herveus@radix.net         | White Wolf and the Phoenix