Re: Cap of maintenance? (was Pelican Cloaks) (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

Rosine:

> > ... The lining of the cap shall be PLUMETTY ARGENT GOUTTE DE SANG."
> >
> > 	The differencing of the ermine brim with the plumetty would seem
> > sufficient rather than a total reservation.  But the tastes of
> > rampant bureaucracy can never be divined. (sigh)
>
> As a horribly ignorant person, could I request a translation into
> common-use English (alright, common-use American) please? I know what
> "argent" is, I know what "ermine" is (where does it say "ermine" in the
> original?) - I just have no idea what the rest of it means. Help, help!

Plumetty means that the field is shaped like feathers.
Unfortunately for them, plumetty usually has a metal and a color.
Such was the state of heraldry in the Early Days.

Goutty de sang-covered in red drops.

In short, white feathers dabbled in blood.

Pedro de Alcazar
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com