-----Original Message-----
From: Logan and/or Arielle [mailto:sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 5:13 PM
To: 'atlantia@atlantia.sca.org'
Cc: principality list; marshalls list; Golden Dolphin; seastag mail
list; Canton list; guardians1; Ebonwoulfe; phoenix
Subject: NEW updated Sacred Stone Novice Tourney/Investiture Flyer

Poster: Logan and/or Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

Several corrections need to be made to this announcement.  Also, I apologize
if
you get many copies of this.   Please forward this to anyone that you know
that
is going.

******<snip>****

> TO ENTER HEAVY WEAPONS form Novice Tourney you must qualify with these
> specifics: 2 years or less of experience in your particular weapons form,
1
> year or less experience with sword and shield.  TO ENTER RAPIER Novice
> Tourney you must be authorized for 2 years or less in any form.  We also
> hope to have time for other fighting after the main tourney (possible
> pickups etc. - details following).

The information above is kind of backwards.  To enter a "Novice" tournament,
in
Sacred Stone, you will need to have been authorized for two years or less
with
Weapon and Shield or in Rapier, one year or less with any other weapons
form.
There will, of course, be separate rapier and a heavy lists.

After the "Novice" tourney, we will have several different types of
tournament
formats (to be determined by the fighters present). So even if you are not a
"Novice", bring your armor. Since the site is a High School we will have
plenty
of room for several different scenarios.  There will be authorizations held
throughout the day as well.

************<snip>**********

> There is a hotel with 1 block of rooms but crash space is recommended.
> Please contact the (Lady Rebecca the Contrary - 704-924-9236) for
directions
> to crash space.  Many spots for crash space are available.  If you prefer
> hotel, the Days Inn will have a block of rooms available.  The phone
number
> is (704) 525-5500 and mention SCA.  Price is $49.00 for Queen and $59.00
for
> King or double until Fri April 2nd.  Please call hotel for directions.

The Days Inn listed above is 25 minutes from the site.  Please take
advantage of
one of the 14 hotels at exits 33 and 32 on I-85 as they are within 3 miles
from
the site.  They range from a Sheraton to a Microtel and will certainly have
more
than enough room to not worry about a reservation.  If, however, you wish to
make reservations here are just a few numbers all in the 704 area code
(again
there are 14 hotels)
Red Roof Inn - 392-2316
Microtel - 398-9601
Fairfield Inn by Marriott- 392-0600
Country Inns and Suites - 394-2000
Days Inn - 394-3381
Econo Lodge - 394-0172
Best Western - 394-4301
Comfort Inn - 394-4111
Penny Wise Inn - 398- 3144
La Quinta Inns - 393-5306
Ramada Inn - 392-7311
Quality Inn - 399-1600
Sheraton Plaza - 392-1200

Additionally, please use the following directions to the site;

Directions to the site from I-77 northbound into Charlotte (for Southbound
travel, take I-77s to I-85s):

Take exit 6B (Billy Graham\Woodlawn exit). Turn Towards the airport.  Follow
Billy Graham until it comes up to I-85.  Take I-85 South to exit 33 (Little
Rock
Road) and follow the directions below.

>From I-85:

Take your best route to I-85 exit 32 (Little Rock Road) southbound turn
right,
northbound turn left onto Little Rock. At the next intersection (Tuckaseegee
Road, you will see an Arby's on your right and an Eckerd Drugs on your left)
turn left and go 1/2 mile past Wilson Middle School.  West Mecklenburg High
School  is on your right.

If you need any further information regarding either exits 33 or 32, please
feel
free to contact me directly.

In service to Atlantia and all Her people,
Duke Logan
MiC Sacred Stone's Investiture and Novice Tourney

Vis,  Fortitudo, Prudentia

Check us out at: http://web.cetlink.net/~cnoto/ebon.htm