Stefan's files for April.

Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60@email.sps.mot.com>

Greetings,

This is a copy of my monthly article for April 1999 describing what has been
added to my Florilegium.

If there are any editors out there who are not on my editors list that would
like to receive this article on a monthly basis on the fifth of the month
instead of near the end for republication in SCA newsletters just send me email.
Please send me your name, email address, group name and newsletter name.

If anyone has comments, suggestions or critisims about the Florilegium, please
send these also. It is often difficult to know where and how it is being used
and where it might be improved.

Also, the number of and the message volume of the SCA-related mail lists has
grown
enormously in the past few years. I can only monitor a few. If anyone sees a
set
of messages that they think would be a good addition to the Florilegium,
please
feel free to send them to me. I can send some guidelines on what kinds of
messages
I am looking for and how best to send them to me to those who are interested.
I will give credit to anyone who forwards messages to me if I add them to the
Florilegium.

Thanks.
  Stefan

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan@texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60@email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:
under BEVERAGES:
   lea-bottles-msg     Leather bottles and jacks. Making them.

under COMBAT:
   Fightng-Small-art   "Fighting for those of Small Stature"
                          by Centurion Romanius Vesperanius.
under CULTURES:
   Armenia-TL-art      "Medieval Armenia and Cilicia Timeline"
                          by Keran Roslin.
under FEASTS:
   BC-Delftwood-art    Baronial Championship feast for Delftwood.
   Maidens-Fest-art    Festival of Maidens. Middle Kingdom. 1999.

under FOOD:
   fruit-melons-msg    Period melons. Referances. Recipes.
   frumenty-msg        A period cooked grain dish, often barley.
   garum-msg           Roman fish sauce made from fermented fish.
   murri-msg           Rotted barley paste condiment of Arabia.
   polenta-msg         Period polenta. Wheat and maize polenta.

under FOOD-BOOKS:
   merch-cookbks-msg   Merchants selling period cookbooks.

under PRFORMANCE ARTS:
   Bardic-Guide-art    "An Unofficial Newcomers Guide to Bardic
                          Circles and Competitions" by Pamela
                          Hewitt, the Harper.
under PERSONAS:
   Persona-Build-art   "Building A Persona"
                          by Pamela Hewitt, the Harper.

under RELIGION:
   icons-msg           Period religious icons. Referances.

under SCA-STORIES:
   Anst-sword-msg      Histories of the Ansteorran Sword of State.

under SCRIBAL ARTS:
   mailng-scrols-msg   Advice on shipping scrolls through the mail.
   wax-tablets-msg     Use and making of period wax tablets.

under TEXTILE ARTS:
   p-x-stitch-art      "Cross Stitch Embroidery in the Middle Ages
                          and Renaissance" by Karen Larsdatter.
---
Copyright 1999, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>