Re: black & yellow lozengy

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 12:21 AM 5/1/99 EDT, YukonGoat@cs.com wrote:

>Poster: YukonGoat@cs.com
>

>Have two heraldic banners of uncertain age, both have a coat of arms
with
>yellow & black lozenges. Interested in finding the region where they
were.

Without more information, it is hard to answer your request.

Do you mean that they are SCA banners?  What is on them besides the
yellow and black diamonds?  There are no registered SCA devices that
are field only lozengy Or and sable.

If you mean that you think they are mundane banners, again we need
more information.  Do you think they are period?  Why or why not?
Where did you get/see them?  Lozengy fields in any combination of
colors were not unknown all over Europe.  There are at least two
specific examples of black and yellow in period rolls of arms, one in
England and one in the Zurich Wappenrolle ascribed to Tek. (A German
Principality, I think.)  Some herald with more resources than I have
may be able to come up with more examples.

Lady Alanna Volchevo Lesa
Partan Herald, Barony of Lochmere
Laurel Minion