Re: Their Majesties' recent message

Poster: EoganOg@aol.com

Unto Baron Alan Gravesend, Seneschal of Atlantia, Mistress Eilis O'Boirne,
Seneschal of the Society, the populace of Atlantia, et al, from Tighearn
Eoghan Og mac Labhrainn, Companion of the Pearl, greetings.

Atlantia is a kingdom most noble indeed, with a population richly gifted with
lords and ladies, knights, dukes, barons and earls.  Yet for each one of us,
our most senior leige lord remains the mundane world outside and apart from
the mental boundaries of our lands and our game.  Some of us owe the mundane
world a greater service than the rest.  Our most noble Majesty, King Stephan,
is one of those few.

Many a king has, according to our histories, maintained rule of his land from
afar.  Many kings of England have reigned from lands on the continant, only
seeing their Island Kingdom once or twice in their reigns.  Kings have gone
on crusades to far off lands for the glory of the Church.  Kings have also
gone on campaign for the glory of themselves.  Now is our King called to
another land to war not for glory, but for the duty he owes his country and
the people of another land.  During his most noble of campaigns, he leaves
behind a most fair and capable Queen.

I would like to voice my support for Her Royal Majesty Niobe, a voice that I
believe echoes many in Atlantia.  Although I reside far within the
mountainous western baronies of our kingdom, HRM Niobe's grace and repute
have reached even myself, and I hold no doubt that she will continue to reign
as strong and as stately as with King Stephen at her side.  Their reign has
been a blessing to Atlantia thus far, and my faith is that is wil continue to
be so.

While our thoughts and prayers are with our King Across the Water, our faith
remains with our Queen At Home.

Aye,
Eogan Og
Tighearn Eoghan Og Mac Labhrainn, CP
Sangster of Scotland and Atlantia
Chronicler of the Militant Society of Bards
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7547/eogan.html
Checky Or & Vert, two lions combattant, tails knowed, in base a
mouse couchant, all within an orle of roundels, Argent.