Re: Mask Making Links Pages

Poster: Kenneth J Mayer <domus@juno.com>

For what it's worth, while this site has some interesting links, most of
it the details from any of the sites given are rather sketchy. However,
the recommendation for this book:

The Prop Builder's Mask-Making Handbook, by Thurston James, published by
Betterway
               Books, ISBN 1-55870-166-4.

Is the best thing there. It is a fantastic book for anyone interested in
mask-making, and the section on leather Commedia masks is fantastic. The
Golden Stag Players (West Kingdom acting troupe) are working up a
Commedia for 12th Night, and are relying heavily on this book as a source
of information on making the proper masks ... (we are partly done with
the first phase of the mask-making portion of the project ...).

Details on what we're doing can be found at:

http://ww.mindspring.com/~hirschv/gsplay/gstags.htm

Check out the "Twin Captains" bits, including the "Diary" that I've been
keeping going ...

Hirsch

On Mon, 17 May 1999 12:27:23 -0400 rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu> writes:
>http://www.angel-mask.com/masklinx.htm
>http://www.masks.org/
>
>This should keep 'Vard busy for a while. Masked Balls anyone?
>These pages contain instructions for making all kinds of masks
>and links to mask makers.
>
>Something a little different, happened to hit on them today.
>
>Magnus

domus entropius is:
Ken Mayer (Hirsch von Henford)
Carolyn J. Eaton (Aldith Angharad St. George)
http://www.mindspring.com/~hirschv/homepage.htm