Re: Definition of geek

Poster: "Bonne of Traquair" <oftraquair@hotmail.com>

>For some reason I think its time to bring up that a "geek" is someone who
>bites the heads off of chickens and bats in side shows.  Just a little
>tidbit
>for thought.

Step right up folks!  For just a small fee you can step inside the tent and
see the wonders of the ever evolving English language!

It's been at least 25 years since "geek" took on the additional meaning of a
so weird and uncool that they probably don't even realize/care about it. For
those of us who aren't old enough to remember that sort of carnival side
show, this meaning is the only one we knew, and used or had used against us
throughout childhoods.

Bonne