[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
2nd Known World Squire's Tourney
- To: King <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: 2nd Known World Squire's Tourney
- From: Logan and/or Arielle <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 02:19:44 -0400
- CC: Kingdom of An Tir <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Kingdom of Ansteorra <Ansteorra@ansteorra.org>, Kingdom of Artemisia <Artemisia@server.umt.edu>, Kingdom of Caid <email@example.com>, Kingdom of Calontir <Calontir@crcvms.unl.edu>, Kingdom of Drachenwald <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Kingdom of Meridies <Meridies@web.ce.utk.edu>, Kingdom of Midrealm <email@example.com>, Kingdom of the East <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Kingdom of the Outlands <Outlands@mail.unm.edu>, Atlantia <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Logan and/or Arielle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Poster: Logan and/or Arielle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Very similar to last year's tourney (115 entrants!) with a few changes
so please read carefully.
Unto the Chivalry of the Known World, greetings from Duke Logan
Ebonwoulfe, Kingdom of Atlantia.
It is with great pleasure that I announce the plans for what will be a
grandiose event to occur at Pennsic XXVIII. I am coordinating a
tournament to be called “The Second Annual Known World Squire
Championship Tourney”. I invite all of you to enter your squires in
this double elimination tournament. The purpose of this is to showcase
our best students, in martial competition, chivalry, and honor. It is
also my desire to see some friendly rivalries develop between the future
leaders of the Known World. As all of you are aware, we have created
many friendships, through combat, that have spanned across our kingdom's
boundaries. I would like to see these existing, and future, bridges
strengthened. This year the tourney will be Tuesday the 17th starting
at 10:00 am on the main field.
The tourney will be run in a standard “Atlantian Speed Tourney” format
until we reach the semi-finals. Then the fights will be run
individually. A hand painted scroll will be presented to the winner of
the tourney, at their respective Kingdom's Court, at Pennsic.
The scroll will have the signatures/marks of all the Knights/Masters
present. It will be complete, with the exception of a blank shield (for
the winner's arms) and a blank belt tip (for their Knight’s/Master’s
In order for your student to enter you must be present at the start of
the tourney to sign the scroll. Additionally, there is a five dollar
(US funds) entry fee for each squire. All monies collected will be
donated to the charity of the winner's choosing (i.e. Kingdom, Barony,
Pennsic E.M.T., Kingdom newsletter, any modern charity, etc.). I
encourage you to make plans to witness this grand event.
If you have any questions that you would like answers to now, please
feel free to e-mail me directly at: email@example.com please put
“SQUIRES” as your subject header so that I may respond more quickly.
You can also call me at (704) 399-1200. You may also find my camp in
(N23? Clan Ebonwoulfe). For those of the Chivalry that are not on
these mailing lists, please forward this information to them.
Until next our paths may cross, may your aim be true, your cut deep, and
your life long. I bid you the strength, courage and wisdom of the Wolf,
the most noble of beasts, as I remain in service,
Vis, Fortitudo, Prudentia (Strength, Courage, Wisdom)
Visit Clan Ebonwoulfe at: http://web.cetlink.net/~cnoto/ebon.htm
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf
is the Pack."
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: firstname.lastname@example.org