Re[2]: An Old Earl...

     Ianthe quotes Terafan:
     >The gracious Baron Terafan writes to Earl Daffyd:

>>However if your excellency would like us to start considering you OLD (but not
>>ancient and venerable like Gyrth) WE CAN ACCOMMADATE YOU.

     >Personally, I find references to his Grace, Duke Gyrth as being "old"
     >and "ancient" distressing.  In a way, I'm his Grandmother, and I'm far
     >from old.

     >p.s.:  This does imply a certain paradox because (by the same logic)
     >Duke Frederick of Holland, is my son, and is widely known to pre-date
     >dirt.  Yet I am also younger than he.

     Ah, but Madam, as with all Great Ladies, you shall never be 'old',
     however many generations shall pass....

     (And when you figure two generations a year, we're working pretty hard
     at it!!)

     Keilyn,
     Official Court Flatterer
     (And probably one of the few here whose 'racial memory' goes back to
     your reign.:-)