IKAC 2/26

The following my be crossposted or printed in any sca newsletter.
Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, Keeper of the IKAC and IKCAC
******************************
Interkingdom  Archery  Competitions

        The annual shooting of the Interkingdom Archery Competition and
the Interkingdom Combat Archery Competition opens April 1.

        There have been two minor additions to the General Rules for all
divisions. 1) REGULAR END TIME LIMT: The regular ends now have a time
limit of one and one half minutes, except for the Crossbow division which
as a limit of two minutes. 2) HANDICAPED ARCHERS: The Archer in charge
may make any reasonable allowance for assisting handicaped archers in
shooting the competitions.

PERIOD DIVISION
        The Traditional Longbow division has been replaced by the Period
Division.  The main intent of the Period division is to encourage the use
and construction of more period style equipment.  This division gives a
per-centage bonus of your total score for using and/or making period
style equipment and also uses a different scoreing system.  You can
contact your kingdom archery oficer for copies of the new rules.

ARCHERY SUPPLIES DIRECTORY
        I am putting together a directory of suppliers of unfinished
staves and shafts and finished bows and arrows for the use of archers
interested in making or purchasing period style equipment.  I already
have a list of suppliers which I have taken from current traditional
archery magazines.  I also wish to provide a listing of Society bowyers
and fletchers, both indivudals and guilds.  If you know of any in the SCA
that can provide period style bows, arrows or other gear, plese send me
their name, address and phone number and information on what they make,
so that I can contact them for permission to include them in the
directory.

        For a copy of the IKAC rules send a 32 cent SASE(business size),
or for the IKCAC rules or copies of both send a 55 cent SASE(business
size) to the Keeper of the IKAC and IKCAC: Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, c/o John R.
Edgerton, 7662 Wells Ave, Newark, CA 94560-3530. (510) 791-9070. Email:
sirjon@sns..com

----
sirjon@sns.com  (John R. Edgerton)

Systems'n'Software Provides:               http://www.sns.com
Internet Access At A Reasonable Cost       (510)623-8651 Voice/FAX