Storvik Investiture

Greetings to the patrons of the Merry Rose.

Lady Meli has written of her impressions of the Storvik Investiture, and I
feel that I should take this opportunity to say something, so please bear
with me whilst I stumble over my keyboard.

Most of you know by now that Lady Brenna of Storvik and I were invested
yesterday as Baron and Baroness of Storvik. This makes Brenna the fourth
Baroness, and I the third Baron to sit the Storvik throne.

For those interested in the geneology, it goes thus;

Duchess Ysabeau Cameron of Lochiel, followed by;
Master Kay Delafleur, joined by;
Mistress Elaina de Sinestre, followed by
Master Igor Bear and Mistress Fevronia Murometsa.

I will take this opportunity to thank all of the good people who made the
Investiture one of the most glorious events I have ever attended. Kendrick
did a fine job as Autocrat, Mistress Keilyn and her kitchen staff prepared
a most sumptuous feast, the band was hot and the fighting cool, and a good
time was had by all. Brenna and I are honoured by the turnout. There were
around 145 on board, and many more who only came for a short time or ate off
board. I don't know what the final count of attendees was, and I know I didn't
get around to greeting all the people I know, much else those I don't. My
heart is warmed by the joyousness with which we were received. I was either
too stunned or too burned out with exhaustion to shed a tear, but you have
filled me with a joy that knows no bounds. Thank you. I only hope I can live
up to the confidence that the people of Storvik have shown in me. I will do
my best. <ramble mode off> <begin kleenex mode>

In service,
Corun MacAnndra, Baron Storvik

--
   Corun MacAnndra   |  You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right
 Dark Horde by birth |  to be here, and whether you can hear it or not, the