[fp458@cleveland.Freenet.Edu: Pennsic Classes]

    From: fp458@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Elise A. Fleming)
    To: gc429@po.CWRU.Edu
    Subject: Pennsic Classes
    Date: Sun, 09 Apr

    Greetings!  I'm going to download the notice I put on Rialto.
    While I have a small form to hand out, it isn't necessary as long
    as all the information is there.  We are getting filled up but
    there are still some slots and there is room in the Early Bird
    session, Sat Aug 12 and Sun Aug. 13.  Haven't had many people other
    than East and Middle volunteer to teach.

    This is the second call for instructors to teach classes at
    Pennsic XXIV.  If you are interested in teaching a class
    please send me the following information either via e-mail
    or regular mail:  Name (both SCA and modern); current
    address, telephone, title of the class and a brief description,
    fee (if any); length of the class; limitation on size; the kingdom
     you are from and your local group's name.  I would also
    appreciate knowing any SCA titles you wish publicized. The
    ABSOLUTE deadline is May 1.  All scheduling is done on a
    "first come, first served" basis.  I will also keep a list of  classes
    that can "fill in" for any cancellations that may occur between
    May and August, so if you want to teach, let me know!

    Besides the above information, please include anything I may
    need to know for scheduling such as "I will arrive on Wed-
    nesday,"  "I need electricity," "I can't teach opposite X
    battle," and so on.  You will receive a confirmation postcard
    when I get your application.  Nearer to Pennsic (in July?) you
    will receive additional information regarding your teaching date,
    time, and location.

    As A & S Class Coordinator I would like to try holding some
    classes on the Saturday and Sunday (August 12 and 13) before
    the "official" week.  Last year there were many people already
    on site, and while shopping was fun, it might be interesting to
    go to a class or two.  If you are willing to teach a class on either
    of these days, please let me know.  At this time I am requesting
    that you would plan to repeat your class during the "official"
    week so that those who don't arrive early will still have a chance
    to take your class.

    Classes during War Week run from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.  If, because
    of special equipment needs, you need to teach your class in your
    encampment, please include that information.  You and I will need
    to make arrangements for publicizing the class location at War.
    If you are a merchant and wish to teach a class, please plan on
    teaching in one of the A & S tents.

    I am open to suggestions on how to improve the A & S environ-
    ment at Pennsic.  You are welcome to send e-mail or write tome:
    Elise Fleming, 3950 Walter Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070-2111.
    I hope you find the "perfect" class this year for your interests!

    Alys Katharine, O.L., O.P.

--
--------- John Strauss     gc429@cleveland.freenet.edu ---------
University Atlantia #38 is April 8th at Rencester on the William