From: Tom Brady  <duncan@vt.edu>
To:  <atlantia-l@netcom.com>
Subject: Kingdom-jumping
Date: Tuesday, April 11, 1995 1:23PM

Lord Tadgh writes:

>Before you start nominating Sylvan Glen for secession, you should make sure
they
>want that change. It is probably not universal--and the politics have to be
>completely ironed out on their side with their people. Timothy will
probably be
>two years off the throne before any transition is thinkable--and THEY have
to do
>the thinking.

Indeed. The history behind the turnover of the Far Southwest Virginia
lands is a
long one, fraught with calls for help from Abingdon and Wise County that
unfortunately we just could not support from Blacksburg. To the best of my
knowledge, only somewhere between five and ten active members of the SCA
are affected by the cession to Meridies, and since they were/are playing
exclusively with Meridies anyway, that effect is remarkably small anyway. The
folks I talked to down that way were very nice, and I wish them well.

-Duncan
Tom Brady  804 Washington St. #4, Blacksburg, VA 24060   SCA: Duncan MacKinnon
   "Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education."
  -Bertrand Russell          <a href="http://duncan.bevc.blacksburg.va.us">
  Check out my web page!</a> Info on Celtic music, SCA, GLB links, and more