Avoiding the gum police...Distillers beware

Connor can't seem to send this out and so asked me to forward this
to The Merry Rose. Please direct replies to sca.connor@vt.edu.

--- begin forwarded message ---
On Thu, 11 May 1995 14:32:22 -0400,
EoganmacL@aol.com  <EoganmacL@aol.com> wrote:

>This is reminescent of the FBI warnings at the beginnings of movies.  Yes,
>it's a federal offence to make a copy of the tape you rented at Pick-a-Flick,
>but then again, it's also illegal to record movies off of straight TV unless
>you have the copywriter's permission.  Yet VCRs do a booming business.  You
>won't get caught unless you try to make a business out of it (which, if I
>remember correctly, someone in Charlotte tried to do earlier this year).
>The same applies to this brewing law.  Make it for yourself, make it for a
>friend.  Just don't open a store, or donate a ton to the Police Auction.
>
>Aye,
>Eogan

Ahhh but donating a ton reminds me of the way we got out of touublesome
times in grammar school/middle school...granted it was on a much smaller
scale but the theory remains the same...In the wonderful school I attended
in California it was against school policy to chew gum.  Legal to carry
legal to display, and distribute (I had a gumball machine in my locker) but
illegal to get caught chewing it.  I spent a couple of detentions for that
sole reason...I finally learned how to circumvent this affliction...ie dont
look like you are chewing...get speech to the same level with/or without
gum in your mouth, and things of the like...But it was later understood
that there was an easier way out of the situation...One of the key teachers
had a fondness for a rare gum in those parts called Black Jack...Every once
in awhile an amazing pack of the sticky substance would fall out of either
my pocket or a friends while we were crossing his path...Not surprising to
us none of us ever got nailed by this teacher...BTW the best place to chew
gum at the time was in detention while you were in there for chewing it...
Mr. Black Jack himself was the guard of our prison cell.

Connor Levingstoune/Troy Herring
Sca.connor@vt.edu/Troyfish@vt.edu
"Bad Spellers Of The World Untie!"--random T-shirts seen in my early youth
May the great ferret of the sky watch out for your safety.

--- end forwarded message
Tom Brady  804 Washington St. #4, Blacksburg, VA 24060   SCA: Duncan MacKinnon
"All the world's a stage and most of us are | Note: I will have a new address
  desperately unrehearsed." - Sean O'Casey  | as of 5/26: TomBr527@aol.com
 http://duncan.bevc.blacksburg.va.us/ - Info on Celtic music, SCA, GLB links