IS Ireland truly Indepandant?

This morning on NPR they were talking about how after two years of secret
talks england is granting Ireland total autonomy.

Did I hear this right?
Does this mean that the decades (century?) of confilict in Ireland
that dates back to Cromwell is over?

Could someone please comment on this who knows more than I.

Thanks
-Xavier

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amature blacksmith and brewer
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html