Re: FIRST KNIGHT (some spoilers?)

> Xavier asks for a non-spoiler review ... and so I shall have to do my
> best.  (Because, as you know, that is all I can do.)
Thank you very much you saved me from misleading my friends

> If you're into films that depict credible medieval clothing or armor,
> forget it.  I had seen the armor in advance (at a Rennfaire in
Already had. I made a poster saying "Arthur, WHAT is that thing on your
shoulder?"  The first time I got my hands on some movie pics.

> throwing over the pants on the English armies in BRAVEHEART?  You're not
> going to *believe* this stuff ...
Take a deep breath and repeat after me
Its only hollywood,  Its only hollywood, ...

> If you're a fan of the King Arthur story because you like the
> supernatural aspects, forget it.  Merlin?  Gone.  Morgan?  No such
> animal.  Mordred?  Nada.  As a matter of fact, if you're a fan of the
> King Arthur story at all, forget it.
That is actually good to know I would have spent the entire movie
wondering where merlin was.

> film.  It's got great hack & slash (forgot to check to see who
> swordmaster was but darned if it didn't *look* like Bob Anderson's work)
> and a lot of nifty battle scenes and some really funny parts.  (Keep your
SPIFF

> If you *do* go to this movie, go in garb.  It'd probably be more of a
> hoot that way ;)

but of course

> Hope I haven't spoiled it for ya, Xavier ...
Nah just comfirmed most of my suspicions.

Thank you for your time
Xavier

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/e/ejcampbe/xavier.html
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html