Re: The Code Of Chivalry - Per Lady Thalia's Request

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> Greetings from Tibor.
>
> I'll see your split hairs, Xavier, and split them finer:
>   I guess this means we can't have chivalry in the SCA
>   since its against the religion bit in the corpora
>
> The "religion bit" (Governing and Policy Document 6) does not permit
> religious practice to be sponsored by the SCA Incorporated.  But it actually
> encourages individual research and practice.  If you want your persona to be
> a true Christian Knight, you might have trouble with the public knighting
> ceremony, but there is no reason why you can't study, practice and
> re-create.
>
> This is important enough to emphasize.  The Society is not a religion-free
> zone.  (Comfortable though that would be for atheists like me.)  It is a
> religion-tolerant zone, with no official support for a particular
> religion.  Current biases of the Society Seneschal notwithstanding.
>
> 	Tibor

Agreed
I meant it in total and utter sarcasm. A sentiment
that does not transmit on the net well. The religion bit I was
referring to was not the religion free rumor but the mandating
of a religion, which a belief in christ for the chivalry might
be construed as.
 -Xavier