Subject: Royal Brewer's Letter (December ACORN)
Author:  Chuck Graves at SETA
Date:    10/30/95 3:11 PM

     Greetings, Anne Elizabeth.

     I hope this letter finds you well. Looks like I finally got one
     finished ahead of the deadline.

     See you soon,
     Tadhg

Yule greetings to all good gentles from the Royal Brewer.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank gentles of Storvik and Highland
Foorde for two wonderful brewing events.  I had a wonderful time and was well
pleased with the support I saw.  If you were unable to attend, my condolences
for having missed such wondrous times.

As you read this, Winter University is just around the corner on December 2.
You will find a stellar slate of instructors for brewing.  I admonish you to
come and enjoy.  The success of our art is in sharing our knowledge.  So please
come and participate.

Also, Kingdom Twelfth Night is just around the corner.  As such, my term is
almost up.  I would like to take this opportunity to remind you all once again
about the rules of the competition:
  1) There are six brewing categories: meads, wines, beers, cordials and
  liqueurs, vinegars, and exotics.
  2) The Royal Brewer must have entries in at least three of the six categories.
  3) Each entry will be scored individually.
  4) The scores within a category are averaged together.
  5) The category averages are added.
  6) The Royal Brewer is the individual(s) with the highest overall score.
(Yes, ties do happen--hence, this author.)

If the correspondence I have received is any indication, the judges will have a
mighty task in choosing the next Royal Brewer.  In my January letter, I hope to
tell you how the judges will be selected.

In closing, I would like to leave you with a few thoughts.  These words were
sent to me by THL Alexander Mareschal.  They warmed me and I would like to pass
them along with my sincerest thanks to this gentle:

 No poem was ever written by a drinker of water. - Horace (65 BCE - 8 BCE)
    In wine there is truth. - Pliny the Elder (23 CE - 79 CE)
       Good wine praises itself. - Arab proverb
          Water separates the people of the world, wine unites them. - Anonymous

Health and enjoyment to you all,
Tadhg