Re: hand fasting and banns

%>be legal.  I hate to say it, but you really should check with a lawyer
%>before
%>you do something that could get you into common law troubles.

%Pennsylvania is a Common Law Marraige state.  This means that if yoiu hold
%yourself out as married, you are married.  Contrary to popular belief, you
%do not have to live together for seven years (or any lkength of time) for
%this to work.

I thought that was the case! Yikes!

%Which, of course, is another point.  A common law marraige is a "real"
%marraige.  It takes a "real" divorce to disolve it.  It is valid outside of
%the jurisdiction. etc.

Which is why I suggest talking to an attorney in his official capacity.

%Yaakov

%Harold Feld
%SCA
%Yaakov HaMizrachi

%"Do not ask 'Why are these days not as good as the days of old?' This
%question is not prompted by wisdom." -Eccl.