Re[2]: Communications Decency Act (CDA) and the SCA

     Greetings, all.

     Am I missing something about the CDA? I thought said Act had to do
     with: 1) sexually explicit materials and 2) public availability to
     minors.

     Frankly, no one has taken away your right to privately post whatever
     you damn well please.

     And checking the content of a private post is tantamount to opening
     your private mail. Nasty business without a court order.

     Enforcement beyond that I would think: 1) absurd, 2) criminal, 3)
     unconstitutional, and 4) impossible...in increasing degree of effort
     (or insanity as the case may be.)

     Of course, I may have missed something. What do you think, Yaakov?

     Regards,
     Tadhg

     ps. It does bring up an interesting problem. If you post something on
     a bulletin board in NYC and someone looks in from Omaha, whose
     standards of 'decency' apply? Reader or poster? Wouldn't you just love
     to be on the 'Big Bench' when that one hits?  8^)