Re: Medieval Wedding dress

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Matthew Allen Newsome wrote:

> Greetings again, fair friends!
> A mundane friend of mine is planning on having a medieval style wedding,
> and naturaly came to me, her crazy SCA friend, for a medieval wedding
> dress pattern.  Seeing as I would never wear a medieval wedding dress, I
> had no pattern for her, but promised to help her find one.  She has no
> specific location or time frame in mind.  She just wants a medieval or
> Rennesaince flare.  Does anyone know of a simple pattern for a medieval
> dress, or a modern pattern that could be easily altered?  Any help I
> could give her in finding one would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Aye,
> Eogan

<great source>http://paul.spu.edu/~kst/bib/bib.html
<great source>http://www.indirect.com/www/chivalry/weddings.html
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/SCA/PERSONA/TPK_Marriage.html
http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~gl8f/rialto/weddings-e-art.html
http://www.halcyon.com/mganson/traditions.html
http://www.pacificnet.net/~jkdyson/aw/handfast.html
http://www.rand.org/personal/Genea/faqmed.html

hope these links help
I can not and will not vouch for their content

in sevice

-Xavier

Eric Jon Campbell Sr Textile Engineering at NCSU
(alias) Xavier Campbell amateur blacksmith and brewer
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/e/ejcampbe/xavier.html
Virtual SCA Library ( One I help manage )
http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/s/sfcallic/Library.html
TAAS (Triangle Area Anime Society)
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/www_projects/TAAS/index.html