Central Region War Practice

Isenfir May 10-12

All Atlantian fighters are encouraged to attend this weekend of fighting,
fighting, fighting. All Central Region fighters (all of Virginia south of
Manassas who aren't Cavalry) are doubly encouraged!

The private site is primitive but beautiful, with wooded camping sites. Fires
are permitted, porta-johns will be provided. The site is wet. It is sponsored
by the Kingdom.

Due to limited parking and tight access to the camps, you are encouraged to
carpool with friends, especially if there has been or we expect rain.

The site opens Friday night at 6 pm. Authorizations start at 9:30 am and
fighting begins at 11 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. Most of the terrain lends
itself to woods battles or broken field action, though road and bridges work
too, and we may have room for field battles too. There is no feast. The site
closes for cleanup at 3pm Sunday.

There is room for archery and rapier if we get marshalls willing to supervise
these activities. Reach the marshal, Sir Corby, for updates on this at
codexzine@aol.com or 804-321-8305.

Your $3 fee covers water and porta-johns. Pay at the door, checks payable to
SCA Inc, Kingdom of Atlantia.

Directions
Take your best route to  I-64 exit 124. Turn west on Rt. 250 (towards
Charlottesville).  Turn right at first signal light onto Rt. 20 North.  Go
approximately 2.9 miles and make right on Thurmans Tract (a gravel road.)
Please DRIVE SLOWLY from this point on!   Continue straight up hill and signs
will direct you from here. This event takes place on the property of our
autocrat, Phillip ap Griffaud/Scott Schultz, 947 Thurmans Track,
Charlottesville, Va 22911, 804-977-4721.

A last note--my main hard drive crashed yesterday, so if you happen to still
have a copy of any mail I sent you previously as part of the Central region
mailing list, and you still have all the address headers, could you please
bounce it back to me?

As mentioned, many times before, I am not subscribed to the A-list, so please
don't post replies to me there.

Thanks

Corby