Re: Re[2]: University Atlantia #40, penultimate call for teacher

Before looking at the World Wide Web, Jonathan Blackbow inquired:

"Where the heck is George Mason University?  You know, town, state type
thing?"

George Mason University is in Fairfax, VA, a little ways from Washington,
DC.

*** PLEASE NOTE ***
I am trying to clear up this goddam parking situation.  Since the GMU
parking system has been privatized since last we held an event, they are
always out to make a buck, even if it's on a Saturday between class
sessions.  They want to charge three dollars per car for parking, which
they are now graciously allowing to be paid by each car (originally they
wanted the money up front) as each car drives in.

I am going through channels to try to get this either lowered or
eliminated -- preferably the latter.  I want to know what y'alls think.

*** QUESTION ***
Is $3 an egregious amount to pay per car for U of A?  (IMHO, even one
CENT would be too much but apparently my humble opinion is just too much
for these parking geeks to understand).  If we do accept the $3 per car
parking fee then we will be allowed to park in the parking deck (that
lovely parking garage that is about 100 feet away from the site).

Please note that I am going through channels on this.  Biiiiig channels.
Channels so big it's like an I LOVE LUCY re-run.  "Gee, Lucy, you think
this is going to work?"  "I dunno, Ethel, but a plan as crazy as this just
*has* to work!"  Whatever.

Opinions from the Merry Rose, please ... three dollars -- too much?

IN OTHER NEWS ... okay, so you want directions to GMU.  (Parking costs
three bucks, good directions costs you nothing.  What a bargain!) ;)

FROM POINTS SOUTH:  Take I-95 north to 495 (the Washington Beltway) and
go west.  Get off the Beltway at Braddock Road (go west towards Fairfax
and George Mason University/Patriot Center).  Stay on Braddock Road
forever.  (Or at least it seems that way.)  Turn right onto Roanoke
Lane.  Go straight onto Patriot Circle (you should pass the Patriot
Center on your right and a pond on your left).  Turn left onto Mason
Drive.  Shazam, you're at the parking deck (this is of course assuming
that the parking deck is forced on us which I am hoping will not be the
case because it would mean the $3 per car ...)

FROM POINTS NORTH AND EAST AND WEST AND ALL THAT SORT OF THING:  Take
the Beltway and get off at 66 (if the Beltway is a clock, I think 66 is
about 7 or 8 o'clock or so ... this map ain't too good).  Take 66 west.
Exit onto the 123 southbound (towards Fairfax, GMU, Patriot Center ...
there are signs, WORK with me, people) ;)  Turn left onto Braddock Road,
and a left (should be the first left) onto Roanoke Lane.  BAM!  Go
straight onto Patriot Circle (Patriot Center on right, pond on left) BAM!
left onto Mason Drive.  BAM!  You're at the parking deck.  (Again, these
directions assume that the birthday girl is a complete lame brain and
can't secure free parking for the event.)

Questions?  Comments?  Ruuuuuuuuude noises?  Feedback on the three bucks
for parking?  (Yeah, I guess that the feedback on parking would sound
about like the rude noises ... but anyway ...)

Yours in Service to the Dream,

Karen Larsdatter med det Usigelige Efternavn fra Skyggedal

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON UNIVERSITY OF ATLANTIA, CONTACT LORD HENRY BEST
gc429@cleveland.freenet.edu