Storvik's Baronial Championship

Announcing...

Storvik's Baronial Championship Event
May 10-12, 1996
Patuxent River Park
16000 Croom Airport Road,
Upper Marlboro, MD

The Baron and Baroness of Storvik invite one and all, within and without their
lands, to join together for a weekend of fighting, feasting, and festivity, at
Storvik's annual Baronial Championship event, as they seek those who exemplify
the skills and graces that further our enjoyment of these Current Middle Ages.

Championship lists will include heavy weapons, light weapons, and archery, as
well as bardic arts and Arts & Sciences.  A&S competition will be held in two
categories: first, small contributions to the Baronial gift coffers, in the
Barony's colors of blue, silver/white, and red; second, best covering-up of an
anachronism (cooler covers, director's chair drapes, disguises for mundane
tents... bounded only by your imagination).  Lists will be open to all present,
and prizes will be awarded to all victors, although the Baronial Championship
in each category may be awarded only to one of Storvik's own.

The lovely Croom site hosted last year's Baronial Championship and Novice
Tourney.  The site opens Friday at 5pm and closes Sunday at 4pm.  Competitions
in all categories will be held Saturday, beginning at 10am with other
activities, including additional armored fighting and rapier, Sunday until 2pm.

Feast will be held Saturday evening in the picnic pavilion; on-board also
includes a light breakfast Sunday.  This site is damp on a limited basis; only
beer in kegs (which will be available) is permitted.  There may be a "Stone
Soup" dinner on Friday; call the Autocrat for details or with dietary
restrictions.

There will be children's activities, but no childcare is available.

This is a camping event; let the Autocrat know if you're going to join us
camping so she can save you a spot.  In addition, because we may not accept
money onsite, all attendees must pre-register and pre-pay.

On-board-$15; off-board-$5 children under 12 - half-price, under 6 - our guests.

Autocrat: Caitilin Cheannlaidir (mka Risa Sheridan-Peters), 7002 Sycamore Ave.,
Takoma Park, MD 20912; phone: (301) 270-1207 no later than 9:30pm or e-mail:
petersr@spiegel.becltd.com.

Directions: From the north: Take your best route to the Washington Beltway
(I-95/495) and proceed clockwise to Exit 11.  **Take exit 11, Pennsylvania Ave,
toward Upper Marlboro.  Follow Penn. Ave to Rt 301, Crain Highway, and take
Crain Hwy south toward Richmond.  In approximately 5-6 miles, look for Croom
Road on your left.  Take Croom Road approximately 4-5 miles to a left turn
onto Croom Airport Road, and follow Croom Airport Road into the parking lot.

>From the south: Take your best route to the Washington Beltway (I-95/495), and
proceed counterclockwise to Exit 11.  Proceed from ** above.

---
             |                     lovelace@netcom.com
             |\                       Arlington, VA