Re: Baron's Veto

In a message dated 96-04-16 14:23:05 EDT, sorcha@vt.edu (Lady Sorcha de Glys)
writes:

> I have a simple question regarding a comment made by our Baron at
>Sunday's Baronial Business meeting.  Is it true that...
>        "I have this little known power to veto any spending decision." -
>        I tried to find references to this vote in Corpora and Red Tape and
>failed.  I am just curious if this is correct.  As an officer filling two
>votes, I am wondering if my votes are even worth anything if they can be
>instantly vetoed at The Coronets whim.

While I would not have used the potentially inflamatory medium of the i-net
to pursue your inquiry, I am curious what Black Diamond's Baronial Charter
says on the subject of votes, baronial curia, duties of officers?  Sacred
Stone Charter has commentary on the amount of money the barony spends and
under what conditions but does not include a specific veto power beyond that
of curia.

As a former landed baron, I would resent the use of "coronet's whim" when
addressing my concern over LARGE expenditures of my barony's limited
resources.

BRAN TREFONNEN