Return of Kreigspielen

Kreigspielen Returns!!
Incipient Canton of St. Michael's Keep
July 13, 1996

	The Incipient Canton of St. Michael's Keep, (sponsored by the Barony of
Hidden Mountain), invites you to come to the coast for the return of
Kreigspielen("War Games") - one of the last opportunities for our fearless
fighters to be authorized before Pennsic.  We thought it was time for this
event to return from the annals of Atlantia history - we even booked the same
site.

	Kreigspielen will take place at the Georgetown Country Club (the old Moose
Lodge)  in Georgetown, SC on Saturday, July 13, 1996.  (Only 15 minutes from
the beach!)  For those wishing to camp the site will open at 6 p.m. Friday,
July 12 and close at 12 p.m. Sunday, July 14.  There is plenty of camping
space. The site is wet but we are asking that no original containers be
visible.

	Tournament: Double elimination, heavy weapons fighting.  Weapons inspection
begins at 10:30 a.m., tournament at 11 a.m.  (We intend to have a superb
prize (TBA).)   We will also be holding live archery competitions, and rapier
competitions with equally superb prizes.

	Activities: A & S competition for "War Banners".  Bring your best and
latest. (We will have a superb prize (TBA) for this one as well.) There will
also be an A & S display area.

	Feast: We plan to have a light feast, since it will be hot and muggy, but
there will be plenty to eat. Our feast-o-crat is Baroness Constance Beckwith
Bruce.  Seating is limited to 80 so send your reservations in early. Also,
for those who want to participate, there will be a Neverending Story after
feast with a prize for the most entertaining addition to the story. There
will also be a prize (TBA) for the best table setting at the feast so bring
your best gear.

	Remember, the only true reservation is a paid one!  Also, there will be  a
post revel on site with singing, dancing, and the like, so plan to stay late.
Games and the like will be going on all afternoon. Merchants and performers
are welcome.

	SPECIAL PRIZE
	In order to further promote the ideals of the society, we decided to give an
award to the individual who displays the most chivalric behavior and demeanor
during the event on Saturday. The prize; A STRAND OF REAL PEARLS! Get your
reservations in now so as not to miss out on this opportunity.

	Finally, the horrid matter of fees needs to be addressed:

                       Adult             Kids 6-12   (under 6 free)
Off-Board/
Off-Site	         $6.00              $3.00

Off-Board/
On-Site            $9.00              $4.50

On-Board/
On-Site            $15.00            $7.50

On-Board/
Off-Site            $12.00            $6.00

After July 2
Add:                 $3.00             $1.50

	Event Autocrat: Lord Donovan DeLann (Terry Martin), 708 Rosemary Street,
Georgetown, SC 29440,  (803) 546-6833.  Make checks payable to The Barony of
Hidden Mountain, SCA - Inc. Send to Baroness Simone de Barjavel (Sarah
McFadden) 165 Tynes Ave., James Island, SC 29412. Inquiries by E-mail send to
co-autocrat Lucas Blakthorn (Joe Burch) at JKJBurch@aol.com or call (803)
527-0270 NLT 10:00 p.m. Merchants contact the autocrat or co-autocrat for
table reservations.

	DIRECTIONS

LOCATION: 	Old Georgetown Country Club (Moose Lodge), North Fraser Street,
           Georgetown, 	SC

	Take your best route to Georgetown, SC. If  you're coming in on US Highway
17, north or south, you will eventually wind up at the Five-Points
intersection in Georgetown. If  you're coming in on Highway 521, you'll come
into Georgetown at the intersection of Highway 17 (Highmarket Street). There
is a BP station there. You'll want to turn left onto Highway 17 and take this
road to Five Points as well. You'll know you're there when you see the
McDonalds and the Famous Pizza restaurant.
	From Five Points, take Highway 701 towards Conway. After you pass the
Scotchman Convenience Store be on the lookout for SCA signs on the right.
Just past the Food Lion grocery store there will be a sign directing you into
the Country Club property. If you go to the red-light you've gone to far. If
your coming into Georgetown on 701, you'll be looking for the signs and the
Country Club on your left, directly accross from the Winn Dixie grocery store
and the Anchor Bank.  If you need a map, call the autocrat or co-autocrat.