Re: Knight of the Heart

Among many other complimentary things Baron Corun said:

>There were several contestants who won silver coins from the Holy Land,
>among them Storvik's own Oswulf the Grey. The grand prize was won by a
>fellow of German persona, and I apologize but I simply can't recall his
>name. I do, however, recall that the prize, a lovely X chair of cherry wood,
>handcrafted by Alvaro, Reynard and Rorik, was given not so much for skill on
>the field, but for honourable comportment. Baron Alvaro had his work cut out
>for him in choosing one contestant over another, as all the contestants were
>quite honourable in their actions.

The tourney winner was Lord Johann von Rothenburg, who bore the really spiff
arms Quarterly sable and Or, three crosses formy counterchanged.
Unfortunately his lady did not attend, but requested that he 'bring home
something nice.'  (Wouldn't you like to have been a fly on the wall when he
got home? ;-) )

 >Then Their Majesties <snip>
>called forth Reynard and Dianna of Lochmere and appointed them, at the
>behest of the people of Lochmere, as the new Baron and Baroness of Lochmere.
>They then took the thrones and held an even shorter court (they didn't want
>to hold one at all, but we weren't going to let them off that easily ;-).

And after finally responding to the prodding of their baronial herald, Their
New Excellencies are finally registering names and arms.  Barring bounces,
they will be known henceforth as Reynard de la Rochefoucauld and Diana Rhys
of Carmarthen.

>All in all, Knight of the Heart once again lived up to its reputation as a
>magic event. Vivat for Baron Alvaro and Baroness Inez for having grown
>Lochmere so well in the past several years, and for setting such a fine
>example for us all. Vivat for Baron Reynard and Baroness Dianna for assuming
>the coronets of Lochmere. May their reign be full of joy.
>
>In service,
>Corun MacAnndra
>Baron Storvik

And Lochmere thanks you for your kind wishes, My Lord Baron!

Lochmere's next event is  (trumpet flourish!)

        On Target: the First Annual Lochmere All-Archery Event

May 18, autocratted by our new Baron.  See the Acorn or call the Baron at
(410)267-7827. (Or direct e-mail queries to rjwelenc@erols.com and we will
try to help you. Note:_Not_ the autocrat's e-mail, as I don't think he is
on-line.)

In service to Atlantia and Lochmere,

Lady Alanna Volchevo Lesa
(Baronial herald for Lochmere)