wool care ?

Thanks to all for the heraldry info, now I know where to begin.
My next question happens to be for the textily inclined
Is there another way to clean uncut wool.  I just got an
estimate from a dry-cleaner and hope to find a way around
the incredible sum.  There was an incident with a cat who made
his feelings known on 8 yrds of very fine wool.  Who knows
how he got into the closet.  The spots can be cut around, but the
smell is throughout.  My mother always told me wool was dry-clean
only.  Any suggestions?
Giovanna Mancuso

andreah@cpsnet.com
"There's too much to see waiting in front of me, I know that I just can't go wrong."
		Jimmy Buffet