Re: wool care ?

Countess Elizabeth's Guide for Cat-owners says that the best tool for
removing cat-pee odour is Massengil Douche.  Put a couple of packets
in with your wash, or rub the concentrated liquid stuff right in the
stain.  (You might want to colour-test first).

Try airing the wool out in direct bright sunlight.

>My mother always told me that wool was dry-clean only.

Wool has been used as a primary garment fabric for a very long time.
Dry-cleaning is a recent invention.  There is no reason why you can't
hand-wash wool.  Don't put it in your dryer, that is for certain, but
water doesn't damage wool.

For more detailed directions, you should probably ask a fabric jock.
I just wear the stuff.

Dafydd ap Clotheshorse