Re: wool care ?

Dafydd ap Gwystl greets those interested in cat urine!  :^)

Countess Elizabeth berated me for inaccuracies in my representation
of her technique (in particular, using the liquid concentrate directly
on fabric), and has given me the following more detailed (and accurate)
description of her methods.  Chastened, I am,

	Dafydd

[text below from Elizabeth]

The best method I have found for getting rid of the odor from cat urine
is by washing the baptised item with massengil douche.

The plain massengil douche comes in powder or liquid concentrate. The
powder is best for laundering and the liquid (diluted about 8 parts
water to 1 part douche) is best for spot cleaning counters, linoleum
floors, etc. I don't recommend using massengil for cleaning carpets
or upholstery because it will leave a yellow stain that is almost
impossible to get out.

For laundry purposes, wash the fabric in the hottest water temperature
the fabric can stand. Add the contents of 3-4 packets of douche
powder along with your detergent.  I usually give it an extra rinse.

Do NOT rub the liquid concentrate directly on any fabric. It will
leave a yellow stain that will not come out.

Some wool is washable, some is not. In any case if the fabric has been
baptised by a cat the odor will render it unusable, so you really have
nothing to lose by washing it.  In the case of wool you should use
cold water and gentle cycle and air dry it after washing.