Re: Euwww, English Again! :-)

> > Have a leek pie, Alfredo, and sit here with us Cymri.  We
> > sing beautifully, tell wonderful stories, drink copiously, and know
> > how to have a good time!
> :-)
>
> Thank you.  I have always been pleased to call the Cymri brothers.
>
> To my mind, the most annoying habit of the English is their tendency
> to take certain British things, such as King Arthur, the name
> "Briton", and the entire British Isles, and present them as being
> English.  But I suppose my countrymen have done much the same in
> Catalonia.
>
> What I would like to know is, Should I put a whole leek in my hat on
> the First of March, or just the flower, or what?  What does a leek
> flower look like, anyway?

And we are pleased to call you brother, as well! :-)  <scrunching over on the
bench to make room for Alfredo ....> yes, well, the English are fond of taking
things .... we love them dearly (my lord is English, after all!) but sometimes
we DO just have to whack their hands ....

On St. Dafydd's Day, I usually gather all the daffodils I can find a-blooming
(daffodils being modernly the Flower badge of Wales) and keep them around me
for relief from the stark greyness of March, and I put a whole leek (though
admittedly the slenderest, least heavy one I can find! <g>) in my cap.  I know
they grow partly above ground with green, flat shoots, but never having
actually grown them myself in mine own garden, I know not if they bloom.
Perchance some other gentle with wider experience than mine, would know?

<raising her glass> A Toast!  Vivat to St. Dafydd and to Wales!

Cheers,
Meli