Re: Dance Music

Lyon FilsHenri writes

> Is there anyone who can direct us to a source for dance music?  We know
> few dances so far, though we expect to meet with our neighbors of
> Marinus in dance practice soon.  Our pressing need now is for a tape of
> music, with at least a goodly tune for a Pavan, Maltese Bransle, Horse's
> Bransle, and something lively enough for Strip the Willow.  We could
> spend a modest bit of coin for such an item.

A good starter-kit for dancing is the Rose and Nefr dance manual, which
has reasonably easy to follow directions and also comes with a 2 tapes of
all the music for the dances - including, I think, Strip the Willow, as
well as the rest of the most common SCA-type dances.  It runs about $20,
if I remember correctly.  I don't have the address immediately to hand,
but I will go look it up and post it (unless someone else beats me to it).

In service,
Alianora
(who was dancing the Orcadian variation of Strip-the-Willow just this
weekend at a ceilidh)