Roxbury Mill All-Rapier Event (long)

Greetings, one and all, from Tadhg macAedain uiChonchobhair.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to a wonderful event in
northern Atlantia. The event is on June 22 and 23 in Hagerstown, MD, so
should be accessible to our cousins in the East and the Middle.

The Shire of Roxbury Mill is hosting the rapier portion of the event;
Highland Foorde is hosting the remainder (archery, heavy weapons, and A&S).
The event itself is a demo during the day (so there will be lots of people
with questions) and ours in the evening at the Jonathan Hager House. The
only cost is for the feast ($7 before June 10, $8 thereafter). Camping. Dry
by day, discreetly wet after dark.

Hereafter are the details for the rapier portion:

Rapier activities will include the playing of Prizes, a Bear Pit list, melees
and training for melees, the Lady Jane Scenario, a Schlager Demonstration,
Grass Before Breakfast (Sunday dawn duels), and possibly a Round Table
Discussion regarding what rapier combat is about, what it means, and the
regional differences found in Atlantia. The activities will start early and
run into the evening, with a lunch break during the heat of the day. Grass
Before Breakfast will be duels held at dawn or so on Sunday. They are
intended to be a high persona activity, spectators are not expected.
Autocrat(rapier): Tadhg macAedain uiChonchobhair, (301)942-9551;
Autocrat(event): Gordon the Righteous, (301)473-8015.

Saturday
9:00               Prizes for Scholar and Freescholar and Open Practice
11:00              Bear Pit
12:00              Grass Before Breakfast sign-up ends
12:30              Schlager Demo
1:00               Lunch and Roundtable Discussion
                   Topic: Are we Fencing or Dueling, or Both?
3:00               Lady Jane Scenario and Open Practice
4:30               Melees and Melee Training followed by Open Practice
8:00               Open Practice Ends

Sunday
First Light        Grass Before Breakfast

Directions:
FROM THE EAST AND WEST: Take your best route to I-70 towards Hagerstown,
MD. When you enter Maryland, follow I-70 to I-81 North. Take I-81 to exit
5, Halfway Blvd (first exit north of I-70). Follow remainder of directions
from (*). FROM THE NORTH AND SOUTH: Take your best route to I-81 towards
Hagerstown, MD. When you enter Maryland, follow I-81 to exit 5, Halfway
Blvd. (*)Go east past Valley Mall on right. At the 3rd traffic light past
the mall, turn left onto Virginia Ave. (US 11N). Continue straight through
2 traffic lights, (US 11 turns left, do not turn with it), past the city
park on the left. You will come to a stop sign at the traffic circle. Go
around the traffic circle 270 degrees, and enter the park. Go straight.
Hager house is on the right across the railroad tracks.