Directions to U of A XL

The following are the directions to University of Atlantia XL, to be held
on campus at George Mason University, known in the SCA as the Incipient
College of St. Stephen -- Another Fine Product of the Barony of Ponte Alto!

(If someone has already posted these, my apologies for the waste of
bandwidth.)

The site will be Robinson Hall, on the Fairfax campus of George
Mason University.  (This was the site used last year for
Collegium Borealis.)  Please note that parking will be in the
Visitors Parking Deck, and will cost $3 for all-day parking.
Tell the parking lot attendant that you are here with the SCA.

FROM POINTS SOUTH:
Take I-95 north.  Exit onto the I-495 (Washington Beltway) to
Rockville.  Exit at Braddock Road west.  (This is the first exit,
so get over into the right lane quickly!)  Go about 5.5 miles on
Braddock Road.  Turn right onto Roanoke Lane, an entrance to
George Mason University.  (There should be a gas station and
University Mall on your left.)  At the fork in the road, bear
right.  (You should be passing a lake on your left side, and the
Patriot Center on your right.)  Turn left onto Mason Drive.
(This is the first left after the lake.)  The parking deck will
be on your right.

FROM POINTS NORTH:
Take your best route to the I-495 (Washington Beltway), and exit
at I-66 west.  (The I-66 exit is at around 9:00 on the Beltway,
if you think of it as if it were a clock.)  Exit at 123 south
(Exit #60).  Go about 7.6 miles on 123.  Turn left onto Braddock
Road.  Turn left onto Roanoke Lane, an entrance to George Mason
University.  (This is the first stoplight.  There should be a gas
station and University Mall on your right.)  At the fork in the
road, bear right.  (You should be passing a lake on your left
side, and the Patriot Center on your right.)  Turn left onto
Mason Drive.  (This is the first left after the lake.)  The
parking deck will be on your right.

(If you must drop off equipment at the site, you may use the cul-
de-sac to the side of Robinson Hall.  To get to the cul-de-sac
from Roanoke Lane, bear left at the fork in the road, so that you
pass the lake on your right.  Turn right onto the second street
on your right (Lot I will be on your left).  Bear right at the
fork in the road.  Continue going straight until the street ends;
Robinson Hall is on the left side of the cul-de-sac, to the left
of the statue of George Mason.)

To get to the site from the parking deck:
Leave the parking deck from the third floor exit (to the
Information Kiosk).  Cross the cul-de-sac, and walk through the
plaza past the statue of George Mason.  Robinson Hall is on your
left.