Re: Re[2]: Merry Rose Denizens

David H Ritterskamp wrote:

> Ah Ha!  Medical terminology!
> Per Tabor's
> Rosacea [L. rosaceus, rosy] - A syndrome of unknown cause associated
> with varying degrees of papules, pustules, and hyperplasia of the
> sebaceous glands.  Predominantly on the face.  .  .  .
>
> Now aren't you sorry you asked?  I know _I_ am.

Well at least it is period.  As you may remember from the children's
rhyme, "Ring around the rosies, pockets full of posies..."

This rhyme orginates from the period of the Black Plague. The disease
would form redish (rose colored) pustules, that were round and had a
ring of tiny blisters on the outside.  Ipso facto, ring around the
rosies, or in our case rosacea.

Lovely.  I prefer being refered to as thorns or rosebuds.