A question about sheep(skin)

     I've finally decided to do something with my sword other than leaving
     it out for lack of anywhere else to put it, and I thought I'd check
     with the leatherworkers & such out there.  I plan to take the sheath
     and cut all the stitching off, separating the sheath into its two
     halves, and then I was going to line the inside with sheepskin, wool
     attached.  I figured the natural oils in the thing would do quite
     well, but I wanted to make sure.

     Anybody?

     Rebuttals & Suggestions welcomed,

     Jonathan Blackbow