Message not deliverable

     g said,

     ]>It is a very common Internet courtesy to include your email address in
     ]> all mail. It's just polite.

     ]This isn't true. Or, rather, it's true that all mail should have a
     ]return address, but it appears at the top of your message, in the
     ]headers that cc:mail chooses to discard. .signatures are common on
     ]the Internet, but for reasons of humor, disclaimers, and
     ]announcements of organizational affiliations, not because of
     ]politeness.

             But you see it IS common courtesy when using list servers that
          are not mature enough software to have header control. Often sig
          addresses are required (at least on professional lists). If I had
          desired to contact you privately, regarding this post, it would
          have been impossible. Yes sigs are mostly used for humor, "Hell
          Labs" stands as the perfect example.

             *I* consider mail without signature impolite and depending on
          the content of the message possibly cowardly or even cruel.

   Does it cost so much?

Alaric Luther                   luther@infodata.com
              ][_______________________________________________________
O#############][______________________________________________________/
              ][
                   "Never give a sword to a man that can't dance."

>         It is a very common Internet courtesy to include your email address in

> all mail. It's just polite.

This isn't true. Or, rather, it's true that all mail should have a
return address, but it appears at the top of your message, in the
headers that cc:mail chooses to discard. .signatures are common on the
Internet, but for reasons of humor, disclaimers, and announcements of
organizational affiliations, not because of politeness.

-- g, who stopped using a .sig file in, oh, 1987?