Answer: Message not deliverable

My apologies, dear friends, but I think I am the culprit - after a fashion.
We had a major crash here this morning, so all mail coming in to me probably
bounced, as was described below.

Sadly, now that it appears to our mail processor that a message is from
"atlantia@csc.ncsu.edu" - as opposed to a particular individual - you all got
notified that I was unreachable!

The good news is: we're back up.
The bad news is: it could happen again - to me or someone else!
+----------------------------------------+-----------------------+--------+
|       Barbara_Bilodeau@sra.com         |                       |    |\  |
|           Barbara Bilodeau             | aka  Anne of Carthew  |    |/  |
| Director, Information Systems Division |      Chronicler       |   /|   |
|   Systems Research and Applications    | Barony of Ponte Alto  |  |/|\  |
|        Arlington & Fairfax, VA         |  Kingdom of Atlantia  |  \_|/  |
|                                        |                       |   ./   |
+----------------------------------------+-----------------------+--------+

> Help!  Is anyone else suddenly getting a second copy of every original post
> with a subject line of "message not deliverable"?  Why is this happening?
>
> Rhiannon
> corvus2@aol.com (for whoever it was...)
 :) Ahhhh Mail and the way of life. You see it seems that someones
address on this list is no longer active so the list sent the mail out and
thought all was good. On the other end a computer accepted the mail and then
tries to get the mail to the correct person/machine. Well after a set time
most mail servers send the mail back if they where not able to deliver the mail.
So it figures it should send the mail back to the sender and tell him or her
that they couldn't get the mail to the person. That is what happened. Kinda
like a no such address thing but in email.

Of course it could be that the address was just not reachable for the
time set to give up and could be back up and working now.

      Calli